What is CCTV monitoring and how does it work?
Your CCTV video surveillance system is linked centrally to a CCTV Control Centre which is fully staffed and controlled 24/7.
A fully trained CCTV operator monitors your video surveillance cameras in a designated control room.
Upon spotting a potential threat, your remote CCTV operator can notify you, any on-site staff or the police so appropriate action can take place.
The majority of systems include audio integration meaning your off-site security operator can give verbal warnings if they spot any dubious behaviour such as staff misbehaving, a potential criminal threat or the threat of impending accidents.
Other forms of CCTV monitoring – PIR sensors and perimeter security
The scale of change in technology now means that IP CCTV systems are fast becoming the norm. Customers are moving towards IP CCTV as it can be integrated with your current IT infrastructure and offers a far superior image quality.
In addition to this, IP CCTV offers the means to access your cameras via a smart device such as a phone or tablet.
PIR and CCTV sensor activated monitoring
Need alerting when someone is approaching your premises? This is where PIR sensors come in. We can set the sensor to alert you or your off site security team of someone nearing your premises.
This is a crime and accident prevention measure, helping you keep your premises, staff and visitors safe.
In addition to PIR we can also work with sensor activated monitoring systems that will alert you to a change in temperature, pressure, humidity and vibrations. As part of an integrated system you can link the PIR sensor to your monitored intruder alarm.
Perimeter security monitoring
Perimeter detectors work hand in hand with your CCTV system. We can install and implement the following perimeter monitoring systems into your business – external beams, thermal imaging CCTV and CCTV video analytics.
Benefits of Remotely monitored CCTV systems
- Through 24/7 CCTV monitoring, you can be proactive in preventing crime, poor productivity and accidents at your premises
- The cost of implementing a 24/7 monitored system is up to 80% lower than the ongoing cost of employing an onsite security team. Better security as nothing is missed and lower costs to your business
- Integrates with audio to warn and deter intruders – reducing the headache of dealing with crime
- Staff productivity and behaviour – monitor persistent offenders and take appropriate action
- Reassurance – all round peace of mind knowing your whole site is being monitored 24/7
Remotely monitored CCTV installation – Is It Right For You?
When looking to lower costs or simply improving the effectiveness of their security systems many businesses are now turning to a fully monitored CCTV system. If you would like a quote for a remotely monitored CCTV system, or would like to speak to one of our experts, then get in touch today by calling us on 0800 689 1835 or by clicking the button below.