Benefits of IP CCTV systems
- Scalability. Analogue recorders only go up to 32 channel recorders and all of the cameras need cabling directly back to the recorder. IP Video Recorders can do 250+ Cameras on one recorder. Also you can bolt the cameras onto the existing IT network infrastructure (you already touched on this) meaning you only need to cable back to the closest network switch (data cabinet)
- Future-Proofing through advanced technology – no need to overhaul your systems down the road
- Higher Resolution Cameras
IP Cameras have superior built-in features
- SD Card Slot – Can record directly onto the SD Card within the camera head as well as the central recorder. This is useful as a secondary/backup recording if for example, the Central Recorder got pinched!
- Audio Input and Output – For connecting speakers (for broadcast) or Microphones (For audio recording)
- Alarm Input and Output – Inputs can be used to connect supplementary detection devices like PIRs or Beams. Output can be used to connect supplementary devices, for example, an access control door release.
IP CCTV Installation – Is It Right For You?
IP CCTV is quickly becoming the default option for business and organisations security needs. Our experienced experts are on hand to discuss your requirements and make the right recommendations for you.
If you would like a quote for an IP CCTV system, or would like to speak to one of our experts, then get in touch today by calling us on 0800 689 1835 or by clicking the button below.