Video intercom and video entry systems – how do they work?
A video intercom, door entry system is a two-way device that transmits and receives video transmissions. A quick summary of how they work in practice is as follows:
- The system works by installing a unit on the outside of the building that is connected to a monitor at reception or on a smart device
- When someone approaches the building, they rig the bell which alerts you to the presence of a visitor. You will be able to see exactly who is there, speak to them, and then grant them access to the building.
Video door entry systems and video intercom – features and benefits.
- Your video intercom & video door entry system alerts you to visitors calling at your main entrance before granting them access to your building
- An effective video door entry system enables the smooth, safe flow of staff and visitors to and from your premises
- Data Capture – your video entry system can log each time it’s triggered and when someone is granted access to the building. This data can be invaluable for business with a high volume of footfall. The reports can be sent to a smart device for analysis. Data around staff timekeeping and attendance are just a couple of examples of a video intercom’s value to a business
- Video door entry systems can help you prevent crime – criminals target businesses and scope them out before making their move. Your video intercom can be set up to record anyone at your front door. If anything doesn’t feel right, you can store the recording just in case.
- Remote viewing – access your video intercom & video door entry systems from anywhere and provide access where necessary. This is perfect for out of hours deliveries and for when your premises are temporarily unguarded
- Integration – video door entry systems can be integrated with your intruder alarms, CCTV and other access control systems
Video intercom maintenance
Safeguard Systems offer video access control maintenance contracts ensuring your security systems provide you with years of trouble free operation. Like all technology, it needs to be regularly tested and maintained to ensure you get the best return on your investment.
Our Video intercom systems are:
- Flexible – multiple users can give access to people visiting your premises
- Perfect for high security sites, office blocks and other premises with a high volume of visitors
- Installed by qualified engineers – peace of mind that you’re working with an ethical company
- Multiple entrance coverage – perfect for premises with more than one front door
Call us now on 0800 689 1835 or Submit an enquiry.