Business CCTV surveillance systems provide a whole range of benefits and advantages. An investment in CCTV for a business is a wise choice, in protecting and securing its people, premises, and property.
In this short article, we address the 5 key advantages of using a CCTV system within a business.
Benefits of CCTV surveillance systems for a business – the 5 main advantages of security cameras
In this article, we’ll take a walk through some of the main benefits and advantages this business security system can bring to a range of companies and organisations.
The main 5 benefits and advantages of business CCTV systems we cover in this blog are:
- Deterring crime
- Monitoring on-site activity
- Collecting evidence for criminal prosecutions
- Solving disputes (decision making)
- Keeping records of attendance
Before we do, here’s an overview of the different types of businesses Safeguard Systems works with:
Business CCTV systems – keeping staff, equipment and premises secure
Business and commercial CCTV systems help companies, and those in charge of security manage a range of security threats, and objectives.
Business CCTV systems require a far more sophisticated security camera installation compared to your average residential setup.
Our expert, specialist, business security system installers, are always on hand to provide expert advice on a range of commercial CCTV systems.
Here at Safeguard Systems, we work with a range of businesses including:
- Office-based businesses – there are a range of commercial CCTV systems for ofiices that help deliver on a range of security objectives
- Solar Farms – operators of these sites, invest in solar farm security, monitored CCTV and solar site perimeter protection systems to protect their assets, and maintain full operational capability
- Hotels – CCTV help hotel operators and security teams, monitor the premises, keep guests, visitors, and property safe
- Car Dealerships – car showroom CCTV systems help deter theft and vandalism. Car dealership CCTV monitoring is the recommended security system where the threat of organised crime is high
- Construction and building sites – those in charge of construction site security invest in business CCTV systems to manage a range of security threats. Remote monitoring and CCTV towers are the recommended options
- Schools – the benefits of CCTV cameras in schools are vast. Security cameras in schools help prevent crime, anti-social behaviour and also provide evidence in disputes. ANPR cameras also help maintain onsite security, and track and register all vehicles entering the grounds
- Car Parks – business CCTV systems for car parks, help provide a high degree of customer security and their property
- Shops and retail outlets – deterring and catching shoplifters are the most common reasons those in charge of retail security, invest in CCTV systems. Advancements in technology now means facial recognition can be used to notify security staff a known shoplifter is in the store
- Warehouses – warehouse CCTV systems help to protect assets, goods, and the safety and security of staff. Warehouses often contain millions of pounds of equipment and goods therefore, a solid, robust business CCTV system is a must
- Factories – factory CCTV systems help to protect assets, restricted areas goods, and the safety and security of staff
- Farms – CCTV systems on farms help to prevent quad bike and livestock theft. Additionally, farm security camera systems help to deter the theft of plant machinery
Office CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how office / business CCTV systems are an important part of an office-based business’ security system set up.
- Office-based businesses – helping to secure office blocks and individual business premises with robust security camera systems
- Office-based businesses are often targeted for vehicle crime, general theft and vandalism.
- Additionally, security cameras placed inside the building can help to deter employee theft, verbal and physical altercations
- CCTV systems providing full coverage of the car park can also give staff the peace of mind they need when walking to their vehicles in the dark
- Furthermore, remote CCTV monitoring for offices can help reduce the cost of onsite security
Solar Farm CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how solar farm CCTV systems are an important part of a solar site’s security system set up.
- Solar Farm Security – providing solar farm security and CCTV systems to solar sites across the UK.
- Criminals are starting to target solar farms more and more. An effective perimeter protection system, on a solar site, integrated with CCTV is an effective crime deterrent.
- We have years of solar farm CCTV experience – have read through of one of our recent solar farm CCTV case studies
Hotel CCTV surveillance systems
Here’s a quick overview of how hotel CCTV systems are an important part of a hospitality business’ security system set up.
- Hotel CCTV systems – helping to reduce crime. The most common hotel security system objectives include securing car parks, monitoring entrances and exits as well as all internal areas with effective CCTV systems.
- Keeping guests, safe and secure is paramount to the smooth running of any hospitality business.
Car Showroom & Dealership CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how car showroom CCTV systems are an important part of an automotive dealership’s security system set up.
- Car dealerships – CCTV monitoring systems that help car dealers reduce the costly impact of crime.
- Car dealers are often targeted by criminals for their valuable stock. Unfortunately, they are also targeted by petty vandals, with cars being damaged on a regular basis.
- If you’re reading this and are in charge of security for a car dealership, read through our recent car dealer CCTV guide
Construction site CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how building site CCTV systems are an important part of a construction site security system set up.
- Construction site security camera systems – working with those in charge of construction site security, through the implementation of effective CCTV surveillance systems on building sites.
- Construction sites are often targeted by criminals looking to acquire expensive plant machinery, tools and more.
- We’ve recently published an article on the benefits of construction site CCTV
School CCTV and security camera systems
Here’s a quick overview of how school CCTV systems are an important part of a school’s’ security system set up.
- Schools and education – helping to deter and reduce crime within the education sector.
- Schools are often the victims of crimes such as vandalism, break-ins and equipment theft (computers and sports equipment).
- If you’re responsible for school security systems, read our recent short guide on the benefits of school CCTV systems
Car Park CCTV surveillance systems
Here’s a quick overview of how car park CCTV systems are an important part of a business’ security system set up.
- Car Parks – providing a safe environment for people to park their cars through the implementation of robust HD, IP and CCTV monitoring systems.
- These CCTV systems are set up to help protect customers against being mugged, or having their cars broken into
CCTV for shops and retail outlets
Here’s a quick overview of how office retail systems are an important part of a shops’ security system set up.
- Shops and retail outlet CCTV surveillance – retail security and shop CCTV systems for small to medium businesses helping to deter a range of security threats
- We install high effective CCTV systems for shops and retail stores.
- This helps reduce the threat of shoplifting, employee theft and more
Warehouse and factory CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how warehouse and factory CCTV systems are an important part of these business’ security system set up.
- Warehouses and factories – providing effective HD, IP and monitored CCTV systems for a range of warehouses and factories across the areas we cover.
- Warehouses are often targeted by criminals looking to steal expensive goods.
- Factories can be targeted often, to acquire experience machinery and parts
Farm CCTV systems
Here’s a quick overview of how farm CCTV systems are an important part of a rural-based business’ security system set up.
- Farms– helping to protect and secure farms with security camera systems.
- Providing security systems that reduce livestock and quad bike theft as well as vandalism.
- Due to their remorse locations. For more guidance around the security threats farms face, you can read our articles on reducing the impact of plant theft and our updated piece on the rise of rural crime
The benefits of business CCTV systems
Here are the main areas we feel provide the key benefits:
1. An effective crime deterrent
Through implementing a robust CCTV installation, you establish an effective crime deterrent for your business.
A solid HD CCTV system will provide crystal clear images of any suspicious activity, and will provide solid evidence where required.
IP CCTV systems will allow for seamless integration with your current IT infrastructure.
In addition to ‘CCTV in operation’ signs, making sure the security cameras are visible to intruders will provide an effective deterrent. The sight of a CCTV camera will make an intruder think twice, knowing if it’s being actively monitored, the Police could be on their way.
2. Monitoring on-site activity
Peace of mind and employee safety is another important area of a business’s security system objectives.
CCTV surveillance systems can keep a watchful eye over what’s happening within the business.
During the winter when you arrive at work and leave in the dark, employees may feel vulnerable walking across the car park. By having an effective CCTV installation in place, you create peace of mind for employees in this situation.
Security cameras placed inside the business can also help to monitor behaviour, workplace theft and bullying.
To ensure that security breaches and threats aren’t missed, we’d recommend considering a monitored CCTV system. CCTV monitoring enables businesses to have their security cameras monitored 24/7 at an off-site location.
More time watching the cameras = fewer threats missed.
3. Collecting evidence for criminal prosecutions
Although CCTV systems are an effective way to deter crime, incidents do still occur.
Whether you invest in a HD or IP security camera system, the footage gained can be used in evidence when prosecuting criminals.
The security systems can help crimes to be solved more easily. The evidence provided from your CCTV footage includes:
- The time the incident took place
- The location inside or outside the premise where the incident occurred
- Audio and visual evidence – faces, clothing worn and more
Unfortunately, there are instances where businesses neglect their CCTV systems. Effective CCTV maintenance will ensure the systems are in good working order and footage remains clear.
There is nothing more heartbreaking for a business owner to be the victim of crime. Even more so, should the security camera system be faulty and no footage obtained.
4. Decision making and solving internal disputes (crime and behaviour)
Anyone who has worked in a business knows various incidents happen from time to time.
This can include:
- Verbal disagreements
- Physical altercations
- Anti-social behaviour
CCTV surveillance systems enable the business owner, or security team to understand what’s happened, who’s to blame and what action needs to be taken.
Additionally, well-placed security cameras in a business will act as a deterrent to this kind of activity.
A happy, safe, and secure workforce, is a productive one. A productive workforce helps create a good business environment.
In addition to CCTV, there are a number of other security systems, businesses use to manage a range of threats.
We recently published an article on the benefits of security systems for businesses that we recommend reading.
5. Keeping records of attendance, timekeeping and more (staff and visitors)
Some businesses have a high volume of employee footfall in and out of the premises.
Additionally, there are some companies that have a high volume of visitors.
An effective CCTV system can help to:
- Monitor staff who are coming in and out of the site for timekeeping and productivity purposes
- Track visitors as they arrive and leave your premises
- Keep an eye on delivery drivers entering and exiting your site, office warehouse and more
In addition to CCTV, when looking to manage these objectives there are other security systems that help fulfill these requirements.
An effective access control installation helps to manage and record access to and from a business.
These systems include:
- IP Intercom systems – video & audio
- Video door entry systems (video intercom)
- Door entry systems
- Keyless door entry systems – keycards, key fobs and swipe cards
We’ve recently published an article on the benefits and advantages of access control systems for businesses. If the above objectives are part of your current security systems requirements, this article will help to broaden your understanding.
The benefits of Business CCTV Systems – summary
By now, we hope you have a firm understanding of the benefits CCTV systems bring to a range of businesses.
The CCTV systems we design and implement for businesses help deter crime, catch criminals, manage internal disputes and more.
Alternatively, can send us a quick message via our live chat just below this article.
Safeguard Systems, designs and installs CCTV surveillance systems across Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. With over 30 years of combined experience, we are well-positioned to cater for all of your security needs.
In addition to supporting businesses, we work alongside owners of high-end properties. Our residential CCTV services help secure larger properties from the threats and impact of crime.