Many businesses and homeowners use remotely monitored CCTV to act as a robust deterrent to would-be criminals, vandals, and intruders. A solid remotely monitored CCTV installation will record incidents as and when they happen.
Monitored CCTV systems help reduce the cost of security and help spot more threats as they are manned 24/7.
A remote CCTV monitoring service can offer you the benefits of an on-site security guard but at a fraction of the cost. This cost-saving can often reach up to 80%.
Additionally, these video surveillance systems can be integrated with your security alarms. When the alarm is triggered, your cameras will tilt and point to where the problem is.
How does remotely monitored CCTV work?
Your internet connection will route the pictures from your CCTV cameras on your business premises or site, straight to an external remote monitoring station.
These images are monitored and viewed by an experienced security systems professional. In our industry, this is called an ARC.
Your remotely monitored CCTV installation will be managed and operated 24/7 by a security team or individual.
The software integrated within the CCTV system will monitor all criminal activity on your site. As soon as an alarm is activated or triggered on your site, the incident is routed to the screen of a security professional.
Furthermore, by having a fully monitored security system in place, you will have an experienced set of eyes consistently and constantly monitoring your premises.
What happens if a risk to your business premises or home is identified?
The emergency services will be notified immediately, directly from the monitoring station – your 24/7 security guard will miss less than an onsite team.
Fully licensed security professionals will call the key holder and anyone else you would like to be notified – the owner of the business, facilities manager, or homeowner.
Advanced systems allow for an audio connection to communicate with and warn the intruder. Industry stats suggest that this works well in 90% of cases when looking to deter an intruder.
With remotely monitored CCTV systems, because images are generated in realtime, the Police may prioritise call outs to your premises. Helping to catch the intruder in the act.
What are the features of remotely monitored CCTV systems?
The features of remotely monitored CCTV systems are:
- The complete ability to monitor your business premises or home via the monitored CCTV system whenever required
- Intelligent video surveillance analytics – you can use your CCTV camera images to detect all movements on screen
- Remote control of moveable cameras -your remote CCTV operative is on hand to manage all threats
- An audio warning via an external audio system – letting the intruder know you’re watching them
- All monitored CCTV operators are trained and licensed to industry standards
- Bespoke design and installation capabilities compatible with Intruder, Fire, Access Control
What are the benefits of remote CCTV video surveillance monitoring systems?
The benefits of remotely monitored CCTV systems are:
- Deterrent to reducing and preventing criminal activity
- As effective as having a manned security guard on-site – costs can be reduced by up to 80%
- Track every move of the potential intruder or criminal makes. You’ll miss less and convict more. Peace of mind.
- We install an online portal to see what actions were taken by the external monitoring station – peace of ind knowing the job is being done correctly
- Communicate over public address speakers to deter the intruder – alert them to the fact they are being watched
- Integration capabilities to streamline alongside security systems such as security alarms and access control systems
Which industries would benefit from remotely monitored CCTV?
We work with a range of industries, helping to secure their premises with CCTV installations, access control systems, and security alarms solutions.
In our experience, the following industries would benefit from a monitored CCTV system:
- Farms and rural business
- Pubs, bars, and clubs
- Car Dealerships
- Construction sites
- Car parks
- Shops and retail outlets
- Gyms and leisure centres
Remotely monitored CCTV in Newbury, Southampton, Reading, Oxford, and Swindon – the areas we cover
We tend to stick to a fairly concise geographical location where it comes to CCTV installation.
We have offices in various locations providing CCTV installation services in and around Newbury, Southampton, Reading, Oxford, and Swindon.
This means we can cover the respective counties these towns and cities are in.
To confirm we can deliver monitored CCTV systems across Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, and Wiltshire.
Looking for a remotely monitored CCTV installation company?
If you would like to find out more about remote CCTV monitoring and how it can benefit your organization or residential property you can fill out our contact form here, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct on 0800 689 1835.
The team at Safeguard Systems are on hand to consult on the best solution for you.